Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:00:07 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Tony Ross <tross@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> You said it's well-defined how to find out what meaning an element has
> using DOM Level 1 (presumably determining the namespaceURI somehow). Can
> you state or point to the definition?

I'm referring to the algorithm that ways mentioned multiple times in
RDFa threads: visit all parents, and check for all attributes where the
local name is "xmlns", or starts with "xmlns:". Figure out namespace
declarations from those.

BR, Julian