Re: ISSUE-1: pingpost - Chairs Solicit Proposals

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>>> This issue has been open for over a two years, and the only concrete
>>> proposal we have at this point is in the draft.  At this time the
>>> chairs would like to solicit volunteers to write Change Proposals for
>>> this issue.
>>
>> The non-concrete proposal always has been to remove that feature. If
>> that's helpful, I can transform that into a more concrete one.
>
> A Change Proposal to remove the feature would be fine, if you think that
> is the best way to address the issue. I believe it would cover this
> issue as well as ISSUE-2. Can I put you down as a volunteer to write a
> Change Proposal for these two issues?

I will consider writing this proposal unless somebody wants to do it
earlier. However, I'd like no clock to be started unless I know when
I'll be able to do it. So consider me a candidate for this, nothing more.

And yes, removing the feature would address ISSUE-2 as well. If the
outcome of the WG decision will be to keep a/@ping, ISSUE-2 will still
need to be considered separately.

Best regards, Julian