Re: change procedure and dated Bugzilla bugs

On Nov 19, 2009, at 9:57 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Does the change procedure that governs how we're moving bugs through
> issues through consensus discuss how long bugs can last in Bugzilla
> without at least some response from the editor?
>
> For instance, if a bug is over a month old and there's been no
> response from the editor, should it automatically get converted into
> an Issue?
>
> I did bring this up to the Chairs, but received no response.

We have not set a time limit because historically there hasn't been a
problem with getting responses to bugs. We also expect a very high
volume of incoming issues when we get to Last Call, so it may not be
reasonable to stick to a fixed timetable. We are trying to stagger our
calls for Change Proposals so no one is on the hook to write too many
at once, but we may at some point get hundreds or even thousands of
incoming bugs.

If there are specific bugs you are concerned about, please post links,
and we'll see what we can do about getting a response.

Regards,
Maciej