Re: ISSUE-55: Re-enable @profile in HTML5 (draft 2)

Jeremy wrote:

> Leif wrote:
>> Ian hasn't lifted a finger to make rel=profile a valid keyword.
>
> The process for adding rel values isn't run by Ian.

See bottom of this letter.

> Anyone can propose

> rel values but the proposal must then go through either the
> microformats in order to be accepted or be part of a W3C spec:
>
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/RelExtensions

The rules for how to add rel keywords are not fixed until the
draft has become a standard. In fact, there is an alternative
process/co-process going on. [1]

> Some proposals for new rel values were showing up recently in Bugzilla
> and I've been trying to point people to that wiki instead.

I had noticed that. But IMHO you were then acting prematurely.
Amongst other things for the reasons I mentioned above.

> Existing work on a rel="profile" proposal can be found here:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-profile

The subject of this thread is the rel="profile" specification [2],
which has had to be authored outside the HTML 5 spec.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06
[2] http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-epb
--
leif halvard silli