Re: XHTML character entity support

01.11.2009, в 13:43, Shelley Powers написал(а):

> As it is, I'm not sure if the issue related to the original request
> was specifically about named entities in HTML5, or the fact that
> browser companies are inconsistent -- they allow named entities in the
> document, but not in the innerHTML page fragments.

I want both to be fixed. If you go back to the original e-mail, you
can see that the latter was an example in parentheses.

This is already codified (unsatisfactorily) in HTML5, see <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#xml-fragment-parsing-algorithm
 >. HTML5 is the authoritative spec for all aspects of innerHTML
behavior, so I'm not sure why you think this should be somehow left
unspecified.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov