Re: Design Principles

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 03:51:32 +0200
To: Kornel Lesinski <kornel@geekhood.net>
Kornel Lesinski On 09-05-27 21.38:
> On Wed, 27 May 2009 02:53:27 +0100, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no> wrote:
>
>> There are also many web pages that doesn't use a doctype, btw.
>
> But DOCTYPE solves very important problem - switching to standards mode. If DOCTYPE wasn't doing this, it would have been removed too.

Ah, I see you talk about the future doctype of HTML 5. :-) The
HTML 5 doctype is only special in that it informs you about the
version of HTML by _omitting_ the version info.

For all current doctypes, however, there is a URIs that tells you
which version that is being meant and so on.

There are some profile URIs that supposedly perform important
functions as well. And there are others that are more
informational/"validational".
--
leif halvard silli