Re: algorithmic normative conformance requirements, design principles, etc.

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com> wrote:

> There's a robustness principle involved here as well.
> Authors of javascript programs SHOULD be given a language
> definition that is conservative -- they SHOULD write programs
> that assume the fewest number of invariants.

In practice, they won't. They'll write programs that work in the browsers
they test on, and be done.

This is the reality that spec writers and implementors have to deal with.
No-one has the power to change this reality, and no amount of wishful
thinking will change it either.

Rob
53:5-6]