Re: RDFa in HTML issues wiki page created

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:21:22 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Given this state, and the evident proclivity of users to copy and
> paste markup into such documents, I would think that it would be a
> rather good idea for there to be a subset of RDFa (and by subset, I
> mean things like disallowing the use of two prefixes which differ only
> in case in the same scope of the same document) which can be processed
> either as XHTML or HTML and produce the same triples.
>
> Perhaps there can be different rules for XHTML served as
> application/xhtml+xml, or HTML with a non-XHTML doctype.

I would almost rather try to harmonize the rules between XHTML and HTML
if that's possible.  For example, by declaring that in HTML and XHTML
family documents CURIE prefixes are case-insensitive.  This would be a
significant change from the current recommendation, but I think it is
unlikely that this change would actually adversely effect the triples
generated by any existing pages.  If a change like this needs to be
made, obviously it should be made sooner than later.