Re: minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft]

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:36:33 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Shelley Powers wrote:

> I notice the option for the chair to re-open the discussion if new
> information is presented. I'm assuming this would include taking a new
> vote on the document.
>
> In light of the objections given in this longish discussion thread, and
> what seems to have been a lack of addressing such objections, properly,
> from the first vote, I believe that Sam Ruby and Chris Wilson should
> re-open this topic, formally--including taking a new vote on the
> document, and handling any new objections that arise using the proper
> procedure.
>
> I don't think this would be an onerous burden on the working group,
> would it?

A prior version of this document was approved by this working group as a
Working Draft.  Citing the /2005/ W3C Technical Report Development
Process[1]:

   Consensus is not a prerequisite for approval to publish; the Working
   Group MAY request publication of a Working Draft even if it is
   unstable and does not meet all Working Group requirements.

The document is in the process of being updated.  I suggest we wait
until that update is complete before assessing how to proceed.

> Shelley

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#first-wd