Re: minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft]

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2009 13:58:22 +0200, Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net> wrote:
>
>> From the consensus document that Sam linked, it would seem that not
>> having consensus would not hold up publication of a document, but that
>> the objections should be addressed, and at a minimum, noted in the
>> document.
>>

> Just to be clear. The document Sam linked was a very old version of the Process document. Even in that very old version of the document it is not clear that objections need to be noted in the document itself though, as can be read here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/Process-19991111/activities.html#WGArchiveMinorityViews
>
> Anyway, the current Process document is clear on this:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#WGArchiveMinorityViews

Thanks, I think I missed this one.
>> The document did not suggest that objections should be brushed
>> aside as inconsequential because some members of this group have a
>> problem dealing with disagreement.
>>

> I agree that we should strive to reach agreement whenever possible.

Agree.

I notice the option for the chair to re-open the discussion if new
information is presented. I'm assuming this would include taking a new
vote on the document.

In light of the objections given in this longish discussion thread, and
what seems to have been a lack of addressing such objections, properly,
from the first vote, I believe that Sam Ruby and Chris Wilson should
re-open this topic, formally--including taking a new vote on the
document, and handling any new objections that arise using the proper
procedure.

I don't think this would be an onerous burden on the working group,
would it?

Shelley