Re: Title of the HTML5 document

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:38:59 +0200, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> The section is labeled.  Now the section needs to be included in a
> specification whose title, subtitle, or abstract heralds that material.

While I do not necessarily disagree, there is precedence for this. E.g. SVG Tiny 1.2 does not mention in the title/subtitle/abstract that it includes a network, timing, and XML parser API. It does not even mention it covers APIs for the elements defined within the specification. I'm not sure this is problematic. Everyone skimming through the specification will notice it.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind holding ourselves to a higher standard. The WHATWG abstract needs updating anyway to reflect the extraction of various features and the W3C abstract could use an update too.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/