Re: Issues with spellchecking

This was discussed on the WHATWG list a while back, you might want to look
that up.

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> What's the use case for allowing spellcheck="true" or spellcheck="false" in
> a subset of an editable region?

Some IDEs, Eclipse for example, allow spellchecking of comments but not
regular program text.

We could come up with a case where a mail app would say spellcheck="false"
> on the quotedext, and spellcheck="true" on the text that the user writes.
> But it's not obvious how it should behave when the user splits the quoted
> text and writes some text in between. Also, it's not obvious how it should
> behave when the user disables spellchecking from the context menu and then
> enables it again, or how it should behave when the user enables
> spellchecking for the spellcheck="false" part.

I agree some of the UI edge cases are difficult to work out, but it still
seems like a highly useful feature for mail composition.

Rob
53:5-6]