Re: Design Principles

On Sun, 24 May 2009 21:22:14 +0200, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
wrote:
> I suggested a title and abstract as a way of breaking the
> impasse and moving on. Do you have some other plan for
> making progress?

I'm not sure progress on the Design Principles needs to be made. I am just
trying to understand your position.

> Are you asking me to critique the HTML document against
> these design prinicples, the design principles themselves,
> or something else?

You keep alluding to problems with the design principles, but you never
actually state them. Making the issues more explicit is what I am asking
for.

> Were the suggested amended telcon minutes[1] unclear?

They make it clear you think that the "removal" of the profile attribute
on the head element is not supported by the design principles, but other
than that there's nothing concrete there as far as I can tell.

> For other examples of actual design principles used not in
> the DP document, I'd start with the introduction[2],
> which identifies many intended design considerations.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0232.html
> [2] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#introduction
>
> Focusing on the design principles used or referenced in
> the actual document might be more productive than discussing
> a document that seems like it was abandoned a while ago.

This doesn't help me much as I don't think the drafted design principles
are out of line with the actual specification.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/