Re: HTML 4 Profile for RDFa

From: Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:03:22 +0100
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, RDFa Community <public-rdfa@w3.org>, "public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf.w3.org" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Philip Taylor wrote:
>> In the context of RDFa-in-text/html, all current implementations treat
>> attribute names as lowercase and then do case-sensitive prefix
>> comparisons. So e.g. <div xmlns:vCard="..." property="vCard:..."> will
>> fail to extract any triples (because the only defined prefix is
>> "vcard", not "vCard").
>
> 'all'?
>
> I can easily imagine parsers written for tag soup that preserve the case
> on namespace declarations.

I intended to mean all serious implementations which currently exist and
which I was aware of and which I had tested, which were listed in a
later paragraph.

(It would also include any conceivable implementation that uses a
conforming HTML5 parser, which would be a prerequisite for conforming to
any sane RDFa-in-HTML5 specification, unless the HTML5 parser spec is
changed in ways that seem very unlikely because of compatibility issues.)

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk