Design principles Re: minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft]

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:05:38 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Sun, 24 May 2009 08:30:35 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

> Hmm. The original document was published as a Working Draft on track to
> become a W3C Note by a lopsided vote of the Working Group in favor. If
> we are going to reverse that decision and decide not to ever publish it
> as a Note, then I think we need something more than informal discussion
> on a conference call.
> So, I would object to publishing a version that says the group has no
> plans to take the document further, until and unless we have clear
> consensus on that point.

Quite right. And that version should actually be a Note (as Larry noted

But I don't see a lot of purpose in chasing down consensus on this, since
I think any consensus reached will be based on weaselling into things that
evryone agrees with because it supports the interpretation they think is
the right one.