Re: HTML 4 Profile for RDFa

Philip Taylor wrote:
> Shane McCarron wrote:
>
> If portability isn't guaranteed in a very simple case like this, then
> it sounds like the specification would have failed at the fundamental
> task of specifying behaviour that will be interoperably implemented.

That's really not the same issue at all.... but let's go there.
Portability and interoperability in this context are specifically
related to the triples that are extracted from identical input by
different conforming processors.  The specification REQUIRES case
sensitive processing of prefix names.  Right now.  There is no question
about that.  And a conforming processor will adhere to this
requirement.  I would not be open to loosening that requirement, since
it seems silly to do so.

However, I could envision a client-side processor running on a legacy
user agent that would have trouble adhering to this requirement.  Such a
processor would NOT be a conforming processor and portability and
interoperability would NOT be guaranteed.  However, with some simple
guidance to authors we can help to increase the portability among even
these non-conforming processors.  That's goodness, and costs us nothing.