Re: thoughts on @profile (ISSUE-55)

On May 22, 2009, at 15:54, Julian Reschke wrote:

> RFC 2731 (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2731.html>) and DC-
> HTML (<http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/>) already define a
> different syntax for that; so; *if* we wanted to do that, we should
> consider just using that.

Do existing RFC 2731 or DC-HTML consumers actually do prefix-based
indirection with scheme and refuse to work without profile or do they
just hard-code strings like "dc.title" and ignore both profile and
scheme?

> In recent discussions, the RDFa people claimed that non-registered
> link relations did not work in HTML 4.01 unless qualified by a
> profile; if there was agreement about that, RDFa would need that as
> well because of the use of CURIEs.

My understanding is that stuff like rel=license, rel=nofollow and
rel=prefetch work where supported regardless of profiles.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi