Re: Concerns about new section "predefined vocabularies"

On May 22, 2009, at 12:32, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> On May 22, 2009, at 11:23, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>> I have no problem with people trying to specify this *somewhere*,
>>> but I do have a big issue with this being done in HTML5.
>> Do you have a suggestion on where "somewhere" would be, concretely?
>
> A separate What WG spec?

If the W3C flavor of HTML5 can delegate it's pre-defined microdata
vocabulary management to the WHATWG, this seems to be a possibility.

> A W3C Note?

By which WG?

Regardless of which WG, Process-wise it seems like a bad idea to move
normative matter into "the accountability free realm of Working Group
Notes" (to quote Björn Höhrmann).

> An IETF document?

It would be highly unusual for a W3C spec to delegate upper layers to
the IETF rather than delegating lower layers.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi