Re: Design Principles

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:33:32 +0200
To: "John Foliot" <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Cc: "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, 20 May 2009 22:15:32 +0200, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu> wrote:
> I would be happy to repair the *ONE PAGE DOCUMENT*, but as a matter of
> principle, editors/authors/whatevers should at least be creating official
> W3C documents that meet other W3C standards and guidelines, and the
> particular item of note is both basic and glaringly obvious (and speaks,
> once again, to the perception that web accessibility is paid but
> lip-service by the authors/editors group).
>
> If somebody can shed some light on how I can update this document, I
> will be happy to oblige: either right away, or would it be more productive to
> wait the week or so that Sam has left open for 'final discussion' before
> finalization?

My point was that as per WCAG markup is used for examples. I.e. class="example". As far as I know there are no rules for W3C Technical Reports as to what the markup has to be. There was an idea some time ago to standardize some conventions for TR/ but I believe that went down in bureaucracy for now.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/