Re: Design Principles

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Laura Carlson wrote:
>> Thank you for seeing that all of the comments were restored to the
>> questionnaire:
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wdhdp/results
>>
>> Much appreciated.
>>
>>> From those comments it seems evident that the decision was exactly
>> what the title states, that is: to release the Design Principles as a
>> Working Draft. Consensus of the document's content has not been
>> reached.
>>
>> Shawn seemed to have thought that the principles themselves had gained
>> group consensus.
>> http://twitter.com/soypunk/status/1828939719
>>
>> The status statement of the principles document also makes it clear
>> that consensus of the document's content has not been reached.
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/#sotd
>>
>> Sam and Chris, is there a plan to try to reach consensus of content
>> for the design principles document?
>
> Looking at the vote, it appears that there was a Formal Objection.  As
> such, a public, substantive response is required.  Perhaps one of the
> authors would like to take a stab at this?  Feel free to point me at it
> if this was already done, as I wasn't paying as close attention to this
> working group in 2007 as I am now.

Annevk pointed me to the following decision of the working group:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0216.html

So, there was a decision to publish without a declaration of consensus.
  I'll again note that such could be done simply with a post to
public-html which substantively addressed the one objection.  If
somebody does so, I'd be willing to declare consensus.  Failing that,
I'm OK with leaving the current status as is.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Laura

- Sam Ruby