Re: Design Principles

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:05:06 -0500
To: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Thank you for seeing that all of the comments were restored to the

Much appreciated.

>From those comments it seems evident that the decision was exactly
what the title states, that is: to release the Design Principles as a
Working Draft. Consensus of the document's content has not been

Shawn seemed to have thought that the principles themselves had gained
group consensus.

The status statement of the principles document also makes it clear
that consensus of the document's content has not been reached.

Sam and Chris, is there a plan to try to reach consensus of content
for the design principles document?

Best Regards,

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2009, Laura Carlson wrote:
>> What has caused all of the comments except one from Ian to be deleted
>> from the "Release "HTML Design Principles" as a W3C Working Draft?"
>> Questionnaire? [1]
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wdhdp/results
> Looks like it was the comments from unaffiliated members that got removed;
> my comment was the only comment from a member company:
>   http://web.archive.org/web/20071207222250/http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wdhdp/results
> If it helps, I happen to know that the comments were there as recently as
> the end of March this year (that is the last time I looked at that
> questionnaire's comments). So this presumably happened sometime in April
> or May.
> I reported this to Mike earlier today (when Laura raised it on Twitter),
> and he has apparently contacted the sysreq team.
>   http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20090518#l-5
> --

Laura L. Carlson