RE: Concerns about new section "predefined vocabularies"

From: Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 18:33:50 -0400
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>
Maciej wrote:

>It seems to me that this section defines how to extract vCard fields
>from an alternate serialization (HTML5 + microdata), and how to parse
>and validate  that alternate serialization, but defers to vCard for
>the details of interpreting the fields.

That's sorta what I was thinking too, but wanted to see if anyone else piped up with a similar point of view.

Being more likely to write pages than specs, I thought it kind of nice to see what vCard was all about. I didn't get the sense that HTML5 was now claiming jurisdiction over the topic.

cheers
David