Re: microdata use cases and Getting data out of poorly written Web pages

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I think a fruitful exercise to apply to this proposal would be to
> determine wether microdata markup following this proposal could readily
> be extracted as RDF. RDF already has many concrete syntaxes; I gather
> that what RDF experts consider important is the underlying data model.
> Can data marked up as Ian suggests be extracted as RDF triples? It seems
> to me this is what is most important for those who wish to interoperate
> with an RDF toolchain.

The proposed spec actually defines how to do this:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#rdf

...and Philip implemented a demo of how this might work that you can test:

   http://philip.html5.org/demos/microdata/demo.html

(Scroll to the bottom to see the RDF output.)