Re: <link> and <param> in SVG (SVG ACTION-2534)

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 15:31:25 -0500
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Yes, we intend for them to be more or less the same in terms of syntax and
> functionality.  What specifically did you have in mind?

The biggest one I could think of is being able to specify a feed for a
given SVG document:

<svg...>
  <link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Some feed"
href="http://www.example.com/feed.atom" />
</svg>

But of course there are many other relationships that would make sense
(author, timesheet, etc).

Would there be any restriction on where the <link> elements can exist?
 Children of <defs>?  Anywhere in the document?

Regards,
Jeff