Re: <link> and <param> in SVG (SVG ACTION-2534)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 19:23:28 +0200
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Fri, 01 May 2009 10:41:55 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Gecko supports the @null:src attribute on <html:style> elements. I
> don't know if this is supported in any other browsers. Would be nice
> to line it up with this, and would also make it more consistent with
> things like script@src which I've understood the SVG WG to be
> investigating?

Are you sure Gecko does that? Last I checked you had to set a src
attribute for it to function, but the external reference was done via an
href attribute.

No other browser has this functionality to my knowledge (maybe Mac IE5)
and I do not think it is needed for HTML given that we have <link
rel=stylesheet>.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/