Re: Shrinking HTML5 some more — Anne’s Weblog

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:15:35 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> That distinction doesn't make sense to me. Why normalize when the source
> is ISO8859-1, and not when it was UTF-8?

Per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005May/0022.html the
main importance is documents encoded in Windows-1258 written in
Vietnamese, but it does not elaborate on why that is so. (Or why making
IRIs work for that encoding was important but making them work for HTML,
CSS, etc. was not.)

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-infoset-20040204/#infoitem.document

--
Anne van Kesteren