Re: Thoughts towards an accessible <canvas>

On Mar 22, 2009, at 11:55 PM, John Foliot - WATS.ca wrote:

> I've had a ton of people tell me I am crazy here, but I've not yet
> heard
> *ONE* single alternative suggestion to address what to do when the
> <canvas>
> element is non-conformant due to its lack of mandated fallback
> content.

The alternative is to render it as usual, just as a native application
on modern operating systems continues to work, even if it fails to
provide for accessibility of a custom drawing area. I don't think you
are crazy to suggest otherwise. But I think that suggestion is
ultimately unworkable, because of the need to Support Existing Content
and because it is a poor fit with the forgiving nature of other
features of HTML.

Regards,
Maciej