Re: storage event

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:37:45 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> The specification states that the storage event can be cancelled. However,
>> is there any effect tied to cancelling the event? The specification does not
>> say.
>
> Reportedly making it cancelable is a consistency thing and there's no
> implied semantics whatsoever beyond that, to answer my own question.

What would be the observable difference if the event was not
cancellable? If none, it would make sense to me to make it not
cancellable to avoid the same confusion that you had.

I don't see any value in claiming that something is cancellable, which
canceling has no effect. I'd even say that goes against the spirit of
the DOM-Events spec.

/ Jonas