Re: "Web addresses in HTML 5" for review (ISSUE-56 urls-webarch)

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:41:30 +0100, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> That makes sense... I think the connections to HTML 5 are mostly
> there to make it easy on reviewers who are familiar with the URL
> material in the HTML 5 draft; I don't think there's any lasting
> need for them.
>
> Any suggestions for the title? maybe something like:
>
>   "Web Addresses: markup conventions for URIs and IRIs"

Just "Web Addresses" would be fine. I personally don't classify
XMLHttpRequest and CSS as markup. I'd expect other APIs that might be
splitted from HTML5 to use this terminology as well and they would not be
markup either. Alternatively you could do s/markup/Web/ but I don't think
everyone would appreciate the implication.

I have to say I much preferred just using URL though. Most authors are
familiar with that and know what it means. And the few that now the
distinction and the old meaning can read the fine print in the
specification.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/