Re: View Source

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:16:02 +0100
Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2009, at 12:48 , G. Wade Johnson wrote:
> > Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
> > Why would it? Unlike HTML, SVG is _defined_ to be XML and the above
> > is not well-formed.
> >
> > That seems to be a large part of the disagreement.
>
> As explained several times before in these threads, it is
> _currently_ defined to be XML. But there is no reason to be married
> to that.

So, again, if SVG is currently defined as XML, why would a current tool
read something that is not well-formed XML.

I'm sorry if this comes off as confrontational. But, I've spent a lot
of time cleaning up crap that was supposed to be XML (and HTML) that was
passed off with the comment "Why not just change your parser?"

G. Wade
--
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to
make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the