Re: Input on the agenda

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:21:01 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> Note that we wouldn't have to "break" style fully. We could still give
> it the same treatment as <script>. That means that inline scripts with
> <![CDATA[]]> would work fine.

...if they used //<![CDATA[ and //]]> (or /*<![CDATA[*/ and /*]]>*/)? Or do you want to make the JS engine and CSS parser aware of these strings (like <!--)? Or do you want the HTML parser to strip these strings inside CDATA elements?

Personally I think it would be ok to require authors to escape these strings in text/html, just like they have to do for XHTML as text/html today.

> As would any stylesheets with no entities.
> One thing that would break is stylesheets without <![CDATA[]]> that use
> the child selector ( > ).

(Only if it was escaped as &gt; which is not required in XML.)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software