Re: Script in SVG vs. HTML

Hi, David-

Dailey, David P. wrote (on 3/10/09 1:47 PM):
> Doug wrote:
>
>> Along not-entirely-unrelated lines, the SVG WG is currently looking
>> at aligning SVG script>handling with that of HTML.  Feedback on
>> this topic is most welcome.
>
> I wrote [stuff]
>
> Boris wrote:
>
>> In any case, none of this has to do with Doug's question, which
>> was specifically about the behavior of<svg:script>
>> and<html:script>, not of the specifics of the scripts running as a
>> result.
>
> I guess I missed some critical nuance here. To me, aligning "script
> handling" would have included the specifics of the running of the
> scripts. I agree, though, that some of the cases are browser oddities
> and some are oddities at different levels of the spec spectrum.

Boris is correct that I was asking a more specific question, but we also
appreciate your general summary of oddities and inconsistencies.  All of
these issues need to be addressed to make it as easy as possible to
learn and use SVG, inside HTML or standalone.

Some of these things need to be resolved in the SVG spec, and some of
them elsewhere.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs