Re: Draft W3C Excerpt License (Re: WG Decision - spec license use cases)

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 04:52 -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > You're suggesting that W3C should adopt an open source *software*
> > license for a specification. I don't believe we reached consensus on
> > that yet.
>
> Following is a message I sent to the SFLC over a month ago.  I've yet to
> hear a response.  Any help you can provide in getting this request
> "unstuck" would be appreciated.

My understanding is that the SFLC received the request and didn't quite
know what to do with this at this time. This might be something we could
continue pursuing after the AC meeting, depending on where the
discussion goes.

> I note that Daniel J. Weitzner is an SFLC Director:
>
>      http://www.softwarefreedom.org/about/team/

Correct, and he has also been very busy since the end of the year 2008
because of the new US administration.

Philippe