Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

Le 1 mars 2009 à 09:54, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
> Now, to put an actual technical proposal in here:
>
> I suggest changing RDFa to use full IRIs instead of CURIEs. Then,
> suggest making it a conformance requirement for rel in both text/
> html and application/xhtml+xml that a rel token MUST NOT contain a
> colon or MUST be an absolute IRI and MUST NOT start with the string "http://www.iana.org/assignments/relation/
> ". Authors SHOULD NOT mint relation IRIs that differ only in case.

After discussing with henri this [morning (EST) on IRC][1], a possible
solution for solving the issue without creating too much hurdles for
authors and spec would be to use urn.

	urn:dc:title

is a URI and as henri mentioned, "one could register a URI scheme for
dc".

The same way creative commons could register urn:cc. I understand that
we loose a bit of the flexibility of namespaces by choosing whatever
prefix you want, BUT in the deployed markup, I have the feeling
(survey?), that people are using the same prefix values.

That would avoid also long uris in the rel value which would be
burdensome for authors, and templates authors.

[1]: http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20090301#l-83

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada