Re: comments on draft-barth-mime-sniffing

Ian Hickson wrote:
>> Per the current rules that would give the same result as a bogus media
>> type though. I.e. lack of Content-Type does not give you the right to
>> start sniffing for <video> / <audio>.
>
> This doesn't appear to be the case with the way the spec is phrased now.
> Can you confirm that this problem is now fixed?

I would be glad to, if I could find the right things to read.  The HTML5
draft has MIME sniffing removed and replaced with the [MIMESNIFF]
reference (not defined anywhere that I can see).

Or is the relevant text somewhere in the
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/video.html#concept-media-load-resource
section?

-Boris