Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio>

Yes, I am kinda puzzled.  The fact that some formats are not suitable
for all kinds of content doesn't make them unsuitable for use.
Wave/PCM, and AVI/MotionJpeg+PCM are easily supported and OK for some
uses (short content).

The downside to requiring them would be the implication that
requirement implies recommendation, that's all.

--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.