Re: Things in HTML that I disagree with (Was: evidence of harm)

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:

> I would like to see how some of these arguments were coached. Could you
> point out in whatever mailing list is appropriate, the arguments
> discussing, say keeping the div element?

I would love to, but I really don't have the bandwidth to do that. If
anyone would like to volunteer to document such discussions, I'd be happy
to advise. I really would love it if we could have a wiki or something
that documented the discussions behind all the decisions in the spec so
far. Personally though, I feel I must focus on taking HTML5 forward and
not on the equally large task of documenting how it got where it is.

> Yes, the web is a messy place. I'm surprised that you're willing to
> continue on as sole author of HTML 5, if you're so unhappy with the
> state of the web, and the markup you're being forced to live with.

Making the Web better is more important than my own personal sense of
aethetics.