W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > June 2009

Minutes HTML WG telcon 2009-06-24

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:30:53 +0100
Message-ID: <4A43A63D.7010708@cfit.ie>
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi y'all,

Here are the minutes from todays teleconf.

They are available online at
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-html-wg-minutes.html

Apologies in advance for any errors/omissions.

Cheers

Josh


W3C
- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
25 Jun 2009

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
Regrets
Chair
    SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
    Joshue

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Issue 32 Table Summary
    * Summary of Action Items



<trackbot> Date: 25 June 2009

<billyjackass> hmm, do I have my times wrong?

<MikeSmith> I guess I must

<MikeSmith> gotta cut back on the kush

<trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 25 June 2009

<MikeSmith> Joshue: can you be on the call today?

Hi Mike, yes I will dial in.

<MikeSmith> excellent, great

<Stevef> what't the dial in code/

Hi Steve, its 5487

sorry 4865

scribeNik: is Joshue
Issue 32 Table Summary

SR: The wiki has moved a bit since this issue was created. We should be
preparing to vote

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jun/0362.html

<Stevef> josh; this discussion has dragged on, had realization that
summary limited but useful, sent email to list about disambiguation of
terse and long descriptors and that summary is not

<Stevef> josh: can't act as semantically rich container

<Stevef> josh: still support retention

<Stevef> sam: do you believe wiki accurately represents state of summary
issue

<Stevef> josh: yes, but could be improved

<Stevef> sam: can you draft a text to vote on?

<Stevef> josh: yes but want to do it in conjunction with PF

<Stevef> sam: need to get agreement on what we want to vote on

SR: Anything else on @summary?

SF: I've said enough

SR: Ok

TOPIC Issue 54

SR: Julian is not on the call
... TOPIC 59

MS: The date has been moved. I don't consider it to yet be at the point
where it can be reviewed.
... I will be working on it today and tomorrow and get it to the reviews
point.
... asap

SR: Ok, as long as you set the new dates in the tracker.

<scribe> ACTION: Joshue to draft @summary voting text in conjunction
with PF [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-128 - Draft @summary voting text in
conjunction with PF [on Joshue O Connor - due 2009-07-02].

SR: Action 34 - Overdue
... Action 38 We hope to see movement next week.
... Action 100

<MikeSmith> action-100?

<trackbot> ACTION-100 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add a note about issue-67
to the Status section of "HTML 5: The Markup Language" -- due 2009-05-28
-- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/100

<MikeSmith> action-103?

<trackbot> ACTION-103 -- Julian Reschke to register about: URI scheme --
due 2009-06-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103

SR: Action 103 awaiting Julians return

<MikeSmith> action-111?

<trackbot> ACTION-111 -- Sam Ruby to send call to working group on
summary to update wiki in preparation for vote -- due 2009-06-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/111

SR: Action 126 about table summary

<MikeSmith> action-126?

<trackbot> ACTION-126 -- Sam Ruby to send a call to the WG to update the
Wiki page to adequately reflect both (all) viewpoints on summary, in
prep. for a vote -- due 2009-06-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/126

SR: Anything else?

MS: I have an action to put together a demonstration case for ??.

<rubys> action-115?

<trackbot> ACTION-115 -- Michael(tm) Smith to set up WBS for HTML WG
participants to attend HTML WG f2f during TPAC 2009 -- due 2009-05-28 --
PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/115

MS: Registration date..
... That is minimal, only got questions like are you going to extend or
not..

SR: Are you sure its in tracker?
... I see some thing from the beginning of this month.
... Ok, I'll check with CW and announce it at next meeting

MS: Ok

SF: I have questions about editing sections of the spec
... I am confused, if I have an issue or wish to provide an alternative
either I can create a copy and modify my section.. then my bit becomes
obsolete.

SR: You can produce a fragment etc. They can be merged.

SF: I asked this before, is there a way to have the document as it is
being update - the section that I am interested in..can it be
independently updated and not changed or overridden by Ians edits?

SR: It is technically possible, don't worry about the final merge.

SF: Is there a point when we say that editing stops while we make desisions?

SR: Ian wants to go to last call in Oct.. thats not far off
... It should be easy to produce equivalent docs..if someone else
reviews or edits the doc with various parts..this will come down to a vote

SF: Am concerned about document integrity
... Mike, can I get access to the repository to create some sections?

MS: Yes, you can.

SF: I understand more clearly now, thank you

<MikeSmith> Stevef, please e-mail me an SSH2 public key. it can be
either DSA or RSA

SF: the other question is that with <canvas>.. what do you think is the
best way to get this resolved? If more accessibility stuff doesn't get
added to it could it be removed?

SR: Its possible, but unlikely
... Ian has said that he is committed to accessibility in canvas so he
is motivated also by the upcoming deadline for CR
... People want <canvas> in and accessibility is a hard problem.
... Anything else?
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Joshue to draft @summary voting text in conjunction with
PF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

[End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 25 June 2009 16:31:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:16:38 GMT