Re: consensus and last call

At 12:23  +0100 24/06/09, Steven Faulkner wrote:
>hi Sam,
>
>"if it is the case that canvas is not accessible, and that there is
>strong agreement on "We will design all features so as to ensure that
>they are accessible to users with disabilities", then I would simply
>suggest we delay Last Call until this is addressed."
>
>There is nothing hypothetical about the inaccessibility of canvas
>content and accessible design is a cornertsone of W3C philosophy, so I
>would suggest that unless it is resolved before October, it would
>contribute to a delay.

I (personally) feel that I should be spending more time on this issue
(accessibility of canvas) but in the limited time that I have
scratched my head over it, the result has been not much more than a
few more scratch marks.  If you have ideas, or want to chat about it,
I'll try to lend my ears...

[Mind you, the couple of times I have talked about debating the
structure of how to address media accessibility, which also needs
work, I have had no response.  The framework is more than just
whether video titles have closed captions - it's about other
accessibility axes, how I select or configure media to respond to my
needs, and so on. Can anyone hypothesize why my attempts to start a
discussion on this topic have gone nowhere?]
--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.