Re: Why I don't attend the weekly teleconference (Was: Input on the agenda)

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:
>> >
>> > You already have editing rights. Just start writing. You don't have to
>> > ask anyone's permission. There is plenty of precedent for this; when a
>> > spec of sufficient quality comes up that replaces a section of the
>> > HTML5 spec, I remove the text in HTML5 and instead point (if
>> > appropriate) to the new text. This has happened with XMLHttpRequest,
>> > the Selectors API, Window (which was later remerged in), the URL
>> > parsing and resolving sections, the Content Sniffing section, and for
>> > a number of other documents that I still edit (Web Socket API, Web
>> > Socket Protocol, Web Storage, Server-sent Events, and Web Workers).
>>
>> Still setting all the rules, eh, Ian?
>
> No, the above is in fact what our chair said:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0169.html
>
> You already have editing rights. Our chair has encouraged you to start
> writing. Is there anyone else whose permission you would like?
>
> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

Unlike you and Sam, I'm not paid to waste my time writing material
that I know will be rejected.

While you're a gatekeeper I won't play the gam. I will spend my time
writing, but it will be in the nature of formal objections, which
cannot be ignored.

Shelley