Re: Should <video hidden> be muted?

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:52:46 +0200
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: "Simon Pieters" <simonp@opera.com>
On Jun 23, 2009, at 22:58 , Simon Pieters wrote:
> <Hixie> zcorpan_: technically <video hidden> means "this isn't
> relevant" and so we should probably make it mute the audio as well
>
> The spec does not currently say this at the moment.
>
> I haven't thought about this enough to have an opinion on whether it
> would be a good thing or not to mute the audio.

The way I see it, semantically, <video> has an implied <audio>
component (for lack of a better word) since it plays both in AV. Based
on that, it would IMHO make sense to mute the audio when hidden (I
would assume audio would be muted for <audio hidden>). If you want
audio only, use <audio>.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/