Re: Issues of @summary and use of data for "decisions"

From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:36:21 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
> I did mention how there is a serious disconnect between HTML 4 and
> HTML 5 when it comes to "conformance", and how conformance is meant to
> be interpreted by HTML authors/editors, and user agents. I mentioned
> the disconnect between many times the user agent is also and author,
> with a shared API/data model.

Sorry, let's try that paragraph again:

I did mention how there is a serious disconnect between HTML 4 and
HTML 5 when it comes to how "conformance" is meant to be interpreted
by HTML authors/editors and user agents. One possible issue is when
the user agent is also authoring agent, with a shared API/data model
between the two roles.

Sorry for mangled para.

Shelley