Re: <video> toggling video rendering

On Jun 23, 2009, at 11:40 , Michael A. Puls II wrote:
>> or use <audio>, and then the browser can optimize away the video
>> decoding.
>
> Yes, I see that this works. But, that seems more complicated to
> switch between <video> and <audio> to get the effect.

It's not that complicated really, and semantically it does make more
sense. What's more with the toggled off <video> you'd have to specify
what to do if it's passed to drawImage() or createPattern(), and
neither option (decoding offscreen to be ready when asked even though
nothing is shown, or returning nothing) is all that elegant. The same
applies to controls, what width and height would be, etc.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/