<video> toggling video rendering

From: Michael A. Puls II <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:25:29 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
If you load <video> on some site and just want to hear the audio, is there
a way to turn off the video output so you can save some cpu and just
listen to the audio?

If not, I think that would be totally awesome if you could do that (wish
youtube and all the other video sites did that).

Something like video.toggleVideoOutput() so the site can provide a button.
Also, have the functionality present in the browser-provided controls.

I'm thinking you might be able to switch between <audio> and <video> with
the same file (if <audio> can play the audio from the video file or use a
separate audio file), but that wouldn't be as cool as just toggling the
video output.

--
Michael