Re: minutes of last meeting?

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Michael(tm) Smith<mike@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi Shelley,
>
>> @2009-06-19 08:00 -0500:
>> From the meeting minutes, and what I remember of the IRC discussion,
>> it would seem that table summary didn't get discussed.
>
> Yeah, that's correct.
>
>> Does that mean this agenda item will fall over to the next
>> meeting?
>
> Yes -- the procedure for the telcons that has evolved over the
> 2-year history of the group has been mostly that we use the time
> to walk through the list of open issues and associated
> open/overdue actions and discuss them, generally using as a guide
> the following page:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda
>
> So, issues with open/pending actions automatically float closer to
> the top of that page -- and if we don't get to them one week,
> float up even higher. So issue 32 (table-summary) is now the first
> issue at the top.
>
> As an aside, I guess it's also worth noting that not everybody
> believes that way in which we are using the telcon time (to simply
> go through the issues list) is the optimal use of the time. But
> one thing that seriously limits what we can get done on the
> telcons is that while many other groups use telcon time to try to
> actually reach agreement on open issues and record binding
> resolutions for them, we are not chartered to do that on our
> telcons (and due to the exceptional nature of our group, it would
> be very difficult to try to do that if we were chartered to).
>
> Anyway, I think that ideas about how to make better use of the
> telcon time would be welcome.
>
>  --Mike
>
> --
> Michael(tm) Smith
> http://people.w3.org/mike/

Mike, thanks for the detailed answer. Good to know the summary item is
now top of the agenda.

If the approach is working, might as well not try to fix that which
isn't broken. I can't participate in the telecom, anyway, other than
following along with IRC because I seem to have some tech issues with
using both my IRC client and Skype together.

I'm just curious to see what's happening with summary, especially
following the semi-related discussion on font.

Thanks again!

Shelley