Re: comments on draft-barth-mime-sniffing

Speaking personally -- that's all fine and good and understandable,
but why can't I as a user turn it off, either as a preference or on a
case-by-case basis? Sometimes "going the extra mile" gets it wrong,
and as with any heuristic, there needs to be a way to say "no, don't
do that!"

E.g., how hard is it to have an unintrusive non-modal indication that
the type was sniffed, giving the user the option to view it without
sniffing (as FF does when it asks you if you want to remember a
password)? This isn't perfect (e.g., because there can still be
unwanted side effects of loading the document with the incorrect media
type), but it's a good step in the right direction...

I know that implementing that take developer time, but how much
developer time has been sunk on these discussions already? ;)

Cheers,