Re: <font color="blue"> (was ISSUE-32)

On 6/15/09 7:31 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> The specific question: "amend the spec or file and fix bugs"?  Which
> do you (Jonas) think is more appropriate in this instance (font
> color)? Don't worry about the current state of tools or timeframes:
> what I am curious about is your thoughts on what the long term goal
> should be.

My opinion was not asked for, but I can provide some context. I've asked
why <font> is disallowed by the spec, while inline style attributes are
allowed. Here's the answer I got[1]:

<sayrer> but why is it different than an equivalent style attribute?
<Hixie> it's not. style="" attributes are just as bad and should be
limited to things like prototyping and temporary workarounds.

My two cents: implementors have better things to do than change the
serialization of font elements, since there is no benefit, but there are
risks.

- Rob

[1] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20090415#l-39