Re: Disambiguating @summary from a long descriptor

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:31:50 +0200
To: "Leif Halvard Silli" <lhs@malform.no>, joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:20:38 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no> wrote:
> Test case with discussion: http://malform.no/html5/caption+role

As I mentioned on twitter in not so many words, this is a fun example of incorrect invisible metadata (changed wrapping for email):

  <caption class="contentinfo" role="contentinfo">
   Alphabetically sorted table name of persons with their
   age. 3 columns: Firstname, Lastname and Age.</caption>
  <tbody>
    <th>first</th>
    <th>last</th>
    <th>age</th>

The English used does not seem grammatically correct and the identified column headers in the summary do not match the actual headers.

(I also think the table is simple enough that it does not warrant a summary.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/