Re: <font color="blue"> (was ISSUE-32)

From: Rob Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 18:12:28 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
CC: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 6/9/09 6:02 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
> Why reference the Mozilla API? I'm assuming because it drives the
> Mozilla editor, as well as the browser, which puts the API into the
> conforming author territory, while still being part of a user agent.

That's a good point. Just more fallout from the ridiculous author
conformance requirements. Pseudo-intellectual ideas about "semantic
markup" just don't buy you that much as requirements.

Like anything else, some HTML files are better crafted than others, but
conformance requirements should address showstoppers.

- Rob