Re: <font color="blue"> (was ISSUE-32)

From: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:58:28 -0700
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
> With the new June 3rd addition to the HTML 5 specification that
> demands active non-support for elements/attributes not specifically
> mentioned in the spec, user agents are now told that they must not
> support non-existent (never existed, or previously existed but now
> obsolete) elements and attributes. According to the HTML 5 spec, FONT
> could then be non-conformant, which means, if I read the HTML 5 spec
> correctly, user agents _must not_ support the element.

I've just examined all changes to the spec on June 3rd (svn diff
-r3180:3187 source), and I wasn't able to find a change like the one you
describe. Could you be more specific?

Perhaps you're referring to r3183, which adds this text: "Authors must
not use elements, attributes, and attribute values that are not
permitted by this specification or other applicable specifications."
Note that this is an /author/ conformance requirement, not a /user
agent/ conformance requirement.

--
Edward O'Connor